Thursday, May 19, 2011

With Sympathy

Unfortunately, this card goes along with my last post. I mentioned that my MIL was having a difficult time. Her Mother had an accident which led to brain surgery. Sadly, after an exhausting couple of weeks in the hospital, her mother passed away. She was laid to rest this past weekend surrounded by a large group of loving family and friends.

I debated about posting this card because it kind of feels weird to post a sympathy card. However, I realize that we all need a sympathy card at some point in time. Unless made ahead of time, sympathy cards can prove to be very difficult to make. It usually comes at a stressful time when inspiration and creativity might not be easy to come by. I know this because I had to ask some very wonderful people on the PTI forum for some inspiration for get well and sympathy cards. Some great people responded with beautiful samples to draw inspiration from. Thank you to all those that showed their cards! After a lot of tinkering, this is the card I finally came up with:




I really like the way it turned out. I didn't want to use a lot of dark, dreary colors for this card. I used shades of grey, purple, and yellow. I really hope this card was able to give a little bit of happiness to my MIL during this difficult time. Thank you for looking!

Ingredients:
  • Stamps: Larger than Life, Tag-its #3, BB Retro, Daily Designs Sentiments from PTI.
  • Paper: Gray Cardstock Prism; Lemon Tart, Royal Velvet, Smokey Shadow, White, Argyle Socks PP from PTI; Silver Paper SEI.
  • Ink: Gray Whale, Bisque, Blackberry Clearsnap Fluid Chalk Ink; Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Yellow.
  • Accessories: Ranger Silver Embossing Powder, Celebrate It Ribbon from Michael's, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punches, Crystals from Mark Richards, Fiskars Border and Circle Punch, Doily Die PTI.

No comments:

Post a Comment