Secondly, during the past summer, I decided to start on the massive undertaking of unmounting all my stamps. For those that have gone through the process, I am sure you know my pain! I intended to unmount all my stamps, remount on EZ Mount, stamp an index file, and finally store them in binders separated by category. I planned to complete all this before the baby arrived! I would say that I am approximately 95% done with the unmounting. However, I have not remounted on the EZ Mount. So right now, the majority of my stamp collection is stored in envelopes inside a very large storage tub. Since I have not sorted into categories and have not stamped an index file, I really don't know what I have and where to find it. I got burnt out during the unmounting process and stepped away for a while. The problem was that I didn't get back to it before the baby arrived. Now I don't seem to have the time.
I really wanted to reorganize my stamp system because I had way too many wood mounted stamps and no where to store them. I had outgrown my previous stamp storage a while ago and just had bags and boxes of stamps everywhere. I couldn't find a stamp without rummaging through tons of stuff. My husband and I also did a massive overhaul of our bonus room/office. Our craft area was previously in our bonus room. We decided to turn the bonus room into a play room for our daughter. We then turned the office into our craft room. We totally splurged and purchased a ton of pieces from Scrap N Cube to organize our new craft room. We couldn't be happier with the products! Once I get rid of the clutter of my unmounted stamps, I will take and post some pictures of our craft room.
So now that you know why I haven't posted any projects for a while, let me get to the point. I finally got a card done. It only took me three days of trying to work at night after the kids went to sleep. I needed a thank you card for a baby gift. This is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks!
I stamped the leaf background with Papertrey Ink's (PTI) Turning a New Leaf set in brown ink. I then stamped more leaves in green ink, cut them out, and adhered them with Pop Dots. I made the accordian flower from patterned paper. The center of the flower is a punch from an old book and sprayed with Smooch Spritz. The button is tied with twine.
- Stamps: PTI, Sentiment stamp unknown
- Paper: PTI,Kraft CS; Prism, Brown CS; DP, Bo Bunny
- Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk ink in Dark Brown, Colorbox Pigment ink in moss Green
- Accessories: McGill, Flower and tag punch; SU scallop border punch; Clearsnap Smooch Spritz; twine; PTI button.