Wednesday, May 25, 2011

PTI May Blog Hop




It is time for Papertrey Ink’s May Blog Hop.  The theme for this month is flowers.   I wasn’t going to participate, but had some last minute inspiration.  When I say last minute, I mean that I just made the card today.  It took me several hours of working on it in between feeding the kids, naps, play time, etc.   I decided to participate because I really wanted to try the trellis technique.  For a great tutorial on how to make the trellis, visit this site:  Valita's Designs.  One of my favorite things is a trellis covered with flowering vines.  Someday I hope to have one in my yard.  However, if you know me, you would know that I don’t like gardening.  I like flowers, but can’t grow anything if my life depended on it.  I very much have a black thumb.  The only flowers in our yard are due to my husband’s diligence.  Thank goodness for that.  If it were left up to me, we would probably have nothing but a sandbox for a yard.  At least I can’t kill paper flowers!  Well maybe I can…just keep reading after my picture.  So here is my card: 





Have you ever had one of those cards or projects that proves to be challenging just in the making of it?  This was one of those cards.  Between my inability to cut a straight and non-frayed edge with any of my paper cutters, finger prints, mystery smudges, exposed glue, smudged stamping, crooked impressions, and all the other problems with this piece, I am very surprised that I actually finished it.  So, I think that I can kill a paper flower.  I had to scrap a few due to some of the above listed issues.  Despite the problems, I still enjoyed trying this technique.  I hope you like the card.  Thank you for looking!

Ingredients:
  • Stamps:  Dahlia, Sending you sentiment, Polka Dot Basics II: PTI
  • Paper:  White, Kraft, Spring Rain, Argyle Socks PP: PTI
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Dandelion: Tsukineko
  • Accessories:  PTI Cane Print IP; Mat Stack 4 Die, Double Ended Banner Die, Dahlia Die, Turning a New Leaf Die: PTI; Copics, Art Institute Glitter, Celebrate It Ribbon from Michael’s.    

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you kept at your card and didn't kill it. It's so nice and clean. The trellis is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say that you "grow" beautiful paper flowers! This card is full of pattern and texture - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to your stamping dilemmas!! But.. your card is amazing. That trellis is so unique. Something that I will try!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo pretty!! I love the lattice background and your flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally worth keeping at it! Love the trellis! And your Dahlia is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth.......This is gorgeous!!! I love that you finished it because those strips are just perfect for your flower. Makes me think of a little garden. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome!! Love all the patterns and textures!! Fabulous card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I missed the deadline, and I was sad, but I have a card that is a very beautiful flower, you could visit me, please. I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love all the elements to this card! The polka dotted leaves are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool card. I love that lattice look in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty colour scheme and card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job. Love the trellis!

    ReplyDelete