Monday, April 11, 2011

Celebrate

Here is a fun card that I made to have on hand for an upcoming occasion like a birthday or anniversary.  I really want to start making a stash of cards for various occasions, because I consistenly and notoriously send out late cards.  It usually gets to the point where I end up running out to a store to buy a last minute card.  How bad is that?  My hobby is making cards and I send out more store bought cards than homemade ones! 

I made this card to be unisex.  At least I think it could be used for a man.  I have never been great at making masculine cards.  For this card, I used one of my favorite color schemes, which is red (Pure Poppy) and black (Smokey Shadow).  I threw in some blue (Spring Rain) and white (Rustic White) for some added interest.  I used a lot of PTI stamps and accessories on this card, as well as my old Sizzix Star #2 die.

This is my first card utilizing one of the big card making trends going on right now.  I am usually late to the game when it comes to trends.  Well, I am finally jumping in and joining the baker's twine trend.  I just received a sampler pack I ordered from the Twinery.  It contains 15 yards each of 11 different colors.  Check this out:


I went with the sampler pack because I didn't want to invest in a large spool of twine in one color.  For me, the sampler pack is perfect.  I get to try a lot of colors for a small price.  The colors are so pretty. I couldn't help myself.  I had to find a way to use some on this card.  Don't be surpised to see twine on a lot of upcoming cards.  It only took using it one time to fall in love with the stuff.  Now I see why it is so popular.   

Now that you endured my ramblings, here is my card:


I hope you enjoyed this project.  Thanks for looking!


Ingredients:
  • Stamps:  All Stamps PTI: Mat Stack 1, BB-Gingham and Newsprint
  • Paper:  Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow, Spring Rain, Rustic White, DP from DCWV
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Lipstick Red
  • Accessories:  Sizzix Stars #2 die,  PTI 1 3/4" Limitless Layers Die, Mat Stack 1 Die, Spellbinders Label Die, PTI Canvas Impression Plate, Mark Richards Crystals, Charcoal Bakers Twine from the Twinery.
*Twine picture from the Twinery website*     

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I agree that it could be a guy or gal card. Love the way you twisted the twine for the sentiment piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh girl, this is AWESOME! I love every little thing about it... all the layers are divine. I think it's perfect for a man or woman... and you are an over-achiever to have a "stash"... I've resigned myself to never being that organized. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth your card is wonderful!! Love the colors and all the different stamps you used! Really great graphic card!! LOVE the Twinery's twine on it too! You will LOVE all of those colors you got...the best out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I am so glad you love your new baker's twine from The Twinery..it IS the best! Thought I'd let you know that your post will be featured on our Facebook Page today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of The Twinery's twine! Great card, too!

    -Tifany
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com
    {Design Team Member @ The Twinery}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Elizabeth! Very cute. The Twinery twine is my favorite too! Once you get hooked, you can't stop! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm crushing on the boldness, the black/red combo works really well. You will love love love working with The Twinery twine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is fantastic, Elizabeth! I love all the layers on it and the Twinery's twine is the perfect embellishment. Thanks for the shout-out to The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of Twine!! So glad you are loving the twine!! Love the card!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the colours you used on this card and the twine is perfect. great card and i hear you on the store bought vs. homemade - i need to up my stash as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute card! You are going to LOVE your Twinery twine, I know I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so thrilled that you ordered our Baker's Twine Sampler Pack - thank you so much for blogging about it!!!

    ReplyDelete